Soft Icing Course
This course is for bakers with a passion for the art of cake making and who want to upgrade their cake decoration skills in soft icing.
Does Any Of The Below Resonate With You?
- I want to be a master in cake decoration techniques and be a cake artist who effortlessly stands out from the crowd.
- I’m a baker who wants to mesmerize and wow my clients with cakes that have perfect taste, and texture and are eye-catching…
- I want to make delicious, glossy, and stable signature buttercream.
If This Sounds Like You Then The Soft Icing Course Is Customised Just For You!
By The End Of The Course, You’ll Be Able To:
As a complete beginner or one with some cake decoration experience, this course will:
- Perfect the appearance of your cakes in soft icing frosting
- Improve your basic soft icing skills
- Enlighten you on how to make different kinds of soft icing media, color, and applications
The training will be hands-on.
Meet Your Trainer
Hello, I am Jojo Lydiah, an educator by profession from Kampala International University
I am also a cake artist, cake business coach, cake blogger, and the founder of Little Hands Bakehouse Academy. I help bakers build and grow their own cake businesses so they can run a profitable and successful business with confidence and have a constant stream of clients buying their delicious bakes. I coach, offer support and help bakers in their businesses.
I have trained and mentored more than 100 bakers through our hands-on training in cake decorations and the business aspects of baking. I am a gold award winner of The Samantha Bridal Wedding Cake Challenge 2020, one of Kenya’s biggest bridal expos. I have also been a guest speaker at the cake convention hare in Kenya organized by Hope Cakes.
Here Is What You’ll Learn
Module 1: Fundamentals of Soft Icing (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
In This Module We Shall Learn:
- The Different Types Of Soft Icing With Advantage & Disadvantage of Each.
- Essential Frosting Equipements & Their Uses.
- How To Achieve Sharp Edges On Soft icing Cakes.
- Basic Piping Techniques Including Boader Piping
Module 2: Frosting (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
We, Shall, Learn How To Make:
- Chocolate Ganache
- Stable Whipping Cream
- American Buttercream
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Module 3: Whipping Cream (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
In This Module, We Shall Learn:
- How To Whip The Cream To The Desired Consistency
- Coloring & Flavouring The Whipped Cream
- How To Pipe Using Whipped Cream
- How To Decorate A Cake Using Whipped Cream
Module 4: Chocolate Ganache (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
In This Module, We Shall Learn:
- How To Make Chocolate Ganache
- How To Do The Chocolate Ganache Drips On Cream Cakes
- How To Make Chocolate Ganache And Wrap It Onto The Cake
Module 5: Decorate & Frost A Cake (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
In This Module, We Shall Learn Techniques To:
- Properly Leveling A Cake
- Torting A Cake
- Moisturizing A Cake
- Crumb Coating & Final Coating
- Professional Filling, Layering & Building A Cake
Module 6: Buttercream Techniques (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
In This Module, We Shall Learn To:
- Marble/ Watercolor Technique
- Textured Technique
- Rustic Technique
- Faultline Technique
How Will This Soft Icing Course Be Delivered?
The course will be an intensive 2 sessions of hands-on training and will be conducted at our bakehouse in Nakuru, Ngata. Along the Nakuru-Eldoret highway.
30 Days Mentorship Program
After the 2 sessions of hands-on training, I will handhold you for 30 days step by step as you stabilize in your baking journey
Master the technique to create striking photographs of your cakes using just your mobile. Great pictures are crucial for social media growth and marketing.
“Icing On The Cake”
- All the necessary tools and supplies will be provided for use during the class.
- Aprons, hairnets, notebooks, and pens will also be provided.
- Students are encouraged to bring extra-low flat indoor shoes.
- Throughout the course, we will provide water, coffee, and tea as well as snacks and a daily healthy lunch.
How Much Are You Willing To Invest In This Course?
One Time Fee of Ksh. 30,000