Fondant Foundation Masterclass
This course is designed for bakers who want to start working with fondant cakes, beginners who want to learn the basis of fondant, and for intermediate bakers who need to improve their fondant cakes
Does Any Of The Below Resonate With You?
- I’m a baker who struggles with fondant and finds it very frustrating to work with it
- I always experience fondant cracks, tears and dry-out anytime I work with fondants
- I always have sweaty fondants that are killing my decoration skills
- I always have fondant wastage from leftover fondants that I can no longer use because they are as hard as a rock
- My fondant is always stretchy even when it’s still soft
- I have been indirectly rejecting fondant cake orders because I have fondant fears
If This Sounds Like You Then The Fondant Foundation Masterclass Is Customized Just For You!
By The End Of The Course, You’ll Be Able To:
- Make a no-fail fondant from scratch
- Cover a cake with fondant to achieve the razor-sharp edges
- Use edible images on fondant cakes
- Professionally fill, layer, and build a cake
- Work on double volume cakes
The training will be hands-on. You’ll get to decorate a 2 tiered cake and 1 dummy cake.
Meet Your Trainer
Hello, I am Jojo Lydiah, an educator by profession from Kampala International University
I am also a cake artist, cake business coach, cake blogger, and the founder of Little Hands Bakehouse Academy. I help bakers build and grow their own cake businesses so they can run a profitable and successful business with confidence and have a constant stream of clients buying their delicious bakes. I coach, offer support and help bakers in their businesses.
I have trained and mentored more than 100 bakers through our hands-on training in cake decorations and the business aspects of baking. I am a gold award winner of The Samantha Bridal Wedding Cake Challenge 2020, one of Kenya’s biggest bridal expos. I have also been a guest speaker at the cake convention hare in Kenya organized by Hope Cakes.
Here Is What You’ll Learn
Module 1: Fondant Making (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
- How to make the no-fail award-winning fondant from scratch
- How to cover a cake with fondant to achieve the razor-sharp edges
- How to cover the cake boards using different elegant techniques.
- How to make elegant fondant bows.
- How to use edible images on fondant cakes
Module 2 A: Decorate and Frost A Cake (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
In This Module, We Shall To:
- Work on double volume cakes
- Professionally fill, layer and build a cake
- Moisturize a cake
- Crumb coat a cake and curve a cake
Module 3: Building The Cake (Click to know what we shall learn in this module)
In This Module, We Shall Learn To:
- Professionally build a cake
- Properly stack a cake tier
- Properly dowel and support
How Will This Fondant Foundation Masterclass Be Delivered?
The course will be an intensive 2 days of hands-on training and will be conducted at our bakehouse in Nakuru, Ngata. Along the Nakuru-Eldoret highway.
30 Days Mentorship Program
After the 2 sessions of hands-on training, I will handhold you for 30 days step by step as you stabilize and set up your space
You will learn how to make luscious American Buttercream
Royal Icing Recipe
You will learn how to make smooth and silky royal icing
“Icing On The Cake”
- All the necessary tools and supplies will be provided for use during the class.
- Aprons, hairnets, notebooks, and pens will also be provided.
- Students are encouraged to bring extra-low flat indoor shoes.
- Throughout the course, we will provide water, coffee, and tea as well as snacks and a daily healthy lunch.
What Past Students Say
I took a course in flowers and so far I can’t regret it. Wedding cakes look elegant. Thanks, Jojo.
Thank Little Hands Bakehouse.
How Much Are You Willing To Invest In This Course?
One Time Fee of Ksh. 40,000